Edible Eastside has a vision:
- To create and amazing new space in Birmingham where we can explore a new aesthetic in our urban areas where productive and sustainable landscapes are integral.
- To teach skills and demonstrate the value of considering alternative ways of doing food in cities.
- Raise the profile of food and urban agriculture in Birmingham
- Prepare for the future – become adaptable for a city with less fuel, water and resources
- Show how important art & culture is to the transformation of space, place and cultural change
Create a place that people want to visit that has integrity, people led - a Spontanous Landscape!
Click the link below to hear Director Jayne Bradley discussing the garden with academic Susan Noori of BCU
What do we do?
- Rent out raised beds to local people and city workers and dwellers
- Cook our home grown food for our cafe and cookery school
- Offer training in food production, temporary growing and cookery
- Offer a space for artists and designers to research and experiment
- Offer support and guidance to community groups growing vegetables in their community gardens
- Sell our produce to restaurants in the city and aim to promote urban food production in the city
- Hold art and fetes to promote our work and help regenerate the area